Rome historical sights
Map of Rome historical sights
This map of Rome historical sights is based on Google Maps technology. You can switch the type of map
in the right upper corner by clicking on buttons Map, Satellite and Terrain. Control panel on the left with
plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of Rome historical sights
This list contains historical sights in Rome that are displayed on the map above as well:
- Colosseum - Most famous building of Roman empire used as arena for gladiator games.
- Forum Romanum - Ruins of imperial Rome with ancient temples, basilicas and arches.
- Fontana di Trevi - Most beautiful fountain in Italy decorated with impressive statues.
- Pantheon - Ancient temple with majestic portico built by emperor Hadrian.
- Circus Maximus - Remains of large stadium used in old Roman times for chariot races.
- Capitoline Hill - Hill with Piazza del Campidoglio on top that was centre of old Rome's political power.
- Arch of Constantine - The biggest of all remained ancient arches in Rome.
- Trajan's Market - Well-preserved complex of shops and warehouses built during era of emperor Trajan.
- Trajan's Forum - Ruins of large ancient forum composed of temples, markets and other buildings.
- Temple of Hadrian - Temple with 11 columns that is now part of Rome's stock exchange building.
- Theatre of Marcellus - Largest theatre of ancient Rome that is still in good condition.
- Baths of Caracalla - Large complex of buildings used in ancient Rome for leisure and relaxation.
- Mausoleum of Augustus - Monumental family tomb built by the first Roman Emperor Augustus.